Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Water Closet

As I've never worked in an office environment before my current job, I've had many new learning experiences. Mostly realizing how slovenly and foul humans can be. 

For instance, the office fridge. Half eaten, month old BBQ ribs, abandoned chinese food entrees, unexplained sticky puddles and food I can't identify that might have come alive. 

It's a daily battle finding a place for my lunchbox to sit so I don't find it covered in creeping mold or having it smell like moldy cheese. 

But that is nothing compared to the women's bathroom. I often take a moment to pause, look around the room and question which of the women I see have committed the atrocities inside it. On any given day one of the two stalls will be overflowing with putrid messes and the remaining stall has water all over the seat and floor. 

I want to say; Ladies, this toilet is not the entrance to the Ministry of Magic, please don't climb in it! Water all over the sink so if you lean too close while applying more lipgloss you entire front is soaked. 

Some environmentally minded soul turn out the lights after she uses the facilities, so the next person has to use the restroom while the fluorescent lights give you an seizure while they settle. 

And of course the pervasive, ever-lingering smells that waft out into the hallway, masked only slightly by the scent of orange blossom room spray.

No one told me working in an office would be this hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment