Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm back, but also gone

Yes I know I haven't posted in FOREVER. In my defense...no I haven't been doing much the past month. However, I have some backlogged adventures that will creep in eventually.

In case you are unaware, I have left America and entered the land of England. I am still adjusting to the time change. And by adjusting I mean I slept the entire day away then had a cup of hot chocolate. I plan to be a vampire while across the pond.

I packed my bags, then unpacked and re-packed. I weighed my bags the night before I left and took out some unnecessary items and weighed them again. Here's my luggage:

I have impeccable taste in iPad covers. 

Wait those are not my bags. I forgot those belong to my impossibly rich friend. My mistake. Here're my bags. 

That rich friend did give me the blue suitcase, in his defense. 

Now about that pink bag. It has traveled with me to Scotland on a previous visit. It was a present from my best friend, who for the purposes of this blog will be called Lettuce. She bought them as a Christmas present. When I got off the plane in Glasgow I discovered that this brand new bag had been sorely mistreated. A wheel was popped off and There were tears and scuffs throughout. I was too tired to complain and dragged my bags out of the airport. 

I decided to take this bag with me to England, after my father had graciously fixed the wheels, but the bag once again was injured along the journey. More on that later. 

I went to a local bank and managed to acquire some monopoly money that the teller assured me was British Sterling. 
These pounds don't feel heavy to me!!! Get it?!?

I had my touristy you-won't-rob me-gypsy money clip that fastens around the waist. I lugged over 100 pounds of totally essential items (I do need 9 pairs of jeans and don't you tell me different) in two checked bags, a carry-on and a purse large enough to smuggle a Christmas ham. I arrived at O'hare airport. 

________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment