Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Tooth Hurts

One awesome thing about being grown, my teeth live in my mouth already. I don't have any plans for that to change Since getting my 5, yes 5, wisdom teeth a few years ago I reached the end of my tooth saga. At least until it's time for dentures. True I endured years of embarrassing braces, headgear, and a leave-in retainer. One chipped incisor, one sealed cavity, and sensitivity when I eat ice cream. But I cannot for the life of me remember what it feels like growing new teeth. 


I have a pretty good idea now. This child is a trooper but sometimes the difficult job of growing starts to take its toll. She's currently holed up on the couch silently marveling at the Wiggles. According to empirical evidence, gathered by me, growing teeth sucks.

Hopefully the combination of Wiggle power and orajel will soothe what ails her. Should I tell her she'll have a whole new set coming in a few years? Maybe not, she can't handle the tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment