Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Banbury Canal Day

Recently, my friends and I strolled along Banbury's canal with 10,000 people at the cultural festival. There was traditional dancing, local ales, people in costume (some on stilts), and crafters. I took a tour of a house boat that runs on chopped wood. Lettuce and I got in the spirit by making hats and buttons. Although these activities were largely being undertaken by those under 7, we decided that as children at heart it was our duty to partake in the festivities.

One of my favorite parts of the day was when a man decided to do some impromptu poetry. He bravely stood up, shook out his long hair and began reading the poems scrawled in his notebook. Here are a few of his best poems:


And they say young people don't appreciate the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment