Saturday, October 1, 2011

Exercise Caution

I joined a gym in Banbury recently. When I rely this fact to my friends/ loved ones at home they display one of the following reactions:

  • Spitting out juice 
  • Dropping the baby they are holding 
  • Going "Whaaaaaaaa?"
  • Laughing heartily in my face
This may be because I am one of the laziest people I've ever met and deplore all exercise. I love nothing more than settling down on the couch for a 12 hour Law and Order SVU marathon. But I'm not a couch potato. I could rock in a hammock for days reading post-colonial Irish literature. I lounge on chaises, settees, love seats, bean bags, and more! 

In the past, this is about what me working out would look like: 


So get over your shock, because I'm in it to win it. I've been going to Pilates (sometimes you get to sit still on the floor, which is awesome!) and Lettuce has been my personal trainer. So far I've gained three pounds; Lettuce tells me that bringing milkshakes instead of water is not the best way to hydrate. 

____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment